I finally decided on the layout of the quilt that is to show off the red cross stitch blocks. At first I was going to put a sashing between them with a corner block. It didn’t make the blocks pop. So I did more searching for ideas. This picture gave me that light bulb moment.
So I started working on the block cuts and measurements. After two trial blocks I finally got the measurements spot on.
I started out with this color but soon discovered that I wasn’t going to have enough.
I need 75 blocks to complete this top, I now only have 17 done.
The cutting is all done and ready for sewing.
Some of the blocks laid out so you see the design better..
And oops, a blooper 😦
Off to find the seam ripper..😄