I had a new interest for a day or two that wasn’t very sewing machine productive,although it did help the handquilting along. My daughter Leona wanted me to watch Chronicles of Narina with her,I have always enjoy reading the books so I found the movie interesting. Oh, yes I still enjoy children’s books.😄 Do you?
Now to the New Home sewing machine that was hidden in Mom’s attic for many years ,at least thirty some years. She was in a dirty state when I found her. “the ol’ girl” ,as I call her , was stiff and froze up from sitting in her box way too long,the old oil was nasty and ugly. She is in much better state now, soap,alcohol and a spray that my husband uses out at the shop did much to improve her looks and movements. I did replace the motor ,for the other motor had a funny noise. The tension didn’t take much to adjust to proper sewing. The ol’ girl is up and running ,a delight to sew with.
I cut out some patches that were cotton ,polyester/cotton ,polyester and other fabrics that were about the same weight. I wanted to see how the ol’ girl handled different types of fabric tension wise. She did good handling the different fabrics without skipping a stitch.
Here is the top not ironed that the ol’ girl sewed together.. not bad for not being used for 30 some years .
My nativity project has been put on hold for some knotted quilts are in demand right now… so beings it is going to be a rainy week ,perfect for tying tops!